Times sure were different back in the days of the one room schoolhouse. Children and parents had a completely different daily schedule.
Back to School in 1927
Eva Kemp's Classroom Timetable at S. S. # 6 Middleville School
A time tested tradition: the 'First Day of School' photos
The Middleville and District Museum has many artifacts and records of school in the years of the one room schoolhouse. The original part of the Museum is housed in the 1861 stone SS # 6 schoolhouse in Middleville. The other Lanark Township schools are represented by artifacts in the Collection and in records and photographs compiled by each school area: Boyd, Bulloch, Fergusons Falls, Galbraith, Herron Mills, Hopetown, James, Middleville, Pine Grove and Rosetta. There is also information on Poland School and Union Schools.
Be sure to take some time to look through the school histories and photos at the Museum on your next visit.
This journal is written, researched, and maintained by the volunteers of the Middleville Museum.